Classics does several things to support independent writers that other bookstores do not.
During scheduled book signings,
- independent authors keep 100% of their revenue. Classics does not take a commission.
- Classics invites local vloggers to capture interviews on video.
Classics authors promote that their books are on consignment at Classics and support one another.
In return, Classics
- promotes Classics authors on social media and links to their website.
- offers rewards for customers who purchase from independent authors. Buy 4 books by Classics authors from Classics in a given year and get a $20 gift certificate for used and rare books at Classics.
- hosts a local authors book club, where the club chooses local authors to read and discuss.