The Trenton Books at Home Program distributed over $4,000 worth of books to Trenton kids in 2010. Please help us get books into the home libraries of Trenton kids.
Studies show that when kids have more books in their home libraries, they do better in school. Classics Used and Rare Books, 117 South Warren Street, raises store credit and money to make books available for all Trenton kids. Ina struggling school district, this is one thing everybody can do to help kids succeed.
Through a partnership with local groups, Classics distributed $4,668 worth of books to Trenton students in 2010. Distribution partners include the NAACP Education Committee, Hedgepeth Williams School, the Classics Kids Book Club, Alexander’s Run, the Boys and Girls Club, Dr. Martin Luther King Elementary, the Passage Theatre after-school program, and Greater Emmanuel Church.
With sponsorship from Children’s Futures, monetary support in 2010 came from Black Rock Financial, Capital Health Systems, Hutchinson, Weidel Insurance and individual donors.
If you would like to help
- Book donations, which will be converted to store credit (kids and adults books), can be made by bringing books down to Classics Used and Rare Books, 117 South Warren and identifying them as books for the Books at Home Program.
- Monetary donations can be made by bringing checks or money orders to Classics, made out to our partners at Children’s Futures. Inc, with “Classics Books at Home Program” in the subject line.
- Credit card donations can be made through “Donate Now using Just Give” located at www.childrensfutures.org. The section marked “Enter a description below of how you would like your donation to be used” should read “Classics Books at Home Program.”
- Children’s Futures is a 501c3 non-profit and these cash donations are tax deductable.
While figuring our your charitable donations for 2011, please consider the Trenton Books at Home Program.
If you have any further questions, please email Eric at email@example.com.
Here’s the breakdown per distribution group
- NAACP Education Committee $694
- Hedgepeth Williams School $604
- the Classics Kids Book Club $537
- Alexander’s Run $364
- the Boys and Girls Club $338
- Dr. Martin Luther King Elementary $213
- the Passage Theatre after-school program $177
- Greater Emmanuel Church $129
- Individual parents and kids $1,622