My favorite exchange with the panel of interviews went as follows.
They asked, “What’s one thing you’d like to do at your bookstore you haven’t done?”
The answer, “That’s a stumper. Everything I’ve wanted to do I’ve made it happen:
- Jazz band in the Science Fiction section? Done.
- Rock band in the Mystery section? Done. (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150267908485169&comments).
- Run a games night, because I am a games addict? Done.
- Make a customer laugh so hard she became incoherent? Done. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYZoxTK_wc)
- Raise thousands of books for kids in our struggling school system? Done. (http://www.classicsusedbooks.com/?page_id=13)
- Foster a community that responds to civic problems? Done. (http://www.classicsusedbooks.com/?page_id=65)”
To read the rest of the interview, visit http://elainestock.blogspot.com/2011/12/eric-maywar-makings-of-successful.html